Thursday, April 06, 2006

April Babies Unite!

People who know me well know that I love celebrating my birthday. In the past I usually have a countdown and made cupcakes or something for my big day. This moring I received an email from my friend E-chieh who shares the same birthday as me... I also have a new friend Marty here in Chicago who has the same birthday as well (April 22 - Earth day, National Jellybean Day too!).

Last year my birthday was interesting but I can't go into it here. Hopefully this year will be good and I won't be too traumatized to enjoy it... my sister is coming for the weekend so that will be nice.

Yesterday I had my interview for the TA positions. They brought up the fact that there might be the possibility of teaching a workshop geared towards my interests (using found objects/installation). That would be less hours a week (six), but it would pay $20.00 an hour instead of 11.80. It would be scary but I would do it for the experience.

Today my friend Marty (the fellow April baby) is showing her 3-D film for her Fibers/Material Studies lecture. I'll let you know later how it goes. I'm looking forward to it. I'll try to post the jpeg of her flyer...

No comments: