Saturday, May 27, 2006

Ducks Do It - Why Can't I?

That is mate for life. I probably could mate for life but I haven't found the right duck yet. The reason I bring up ducks is that I walked through the Lincoln Park Zoo this morning and there was a girl duck who flew into the bird area of the zoo. She made this big old hullabaloo quacking and such... In a few seconds a boy duck came out of the plethora of birds and starting following her. Now if I could get some guy to follow me around the zoo by just making a big stink I would! I must admit that I was mesmerized by them.

Later on in my walk I came across some geese. I must say that geese are not my favorite birds because they poop far too much, but there were a bunch of baby geese (gosling's?) and one of them had a limp! I felt an immediate connection with it because I too limp a bit after I've been walking for a while. I wanted to go and hug it but I thought it might cause a scene.

After walking around for approximately four hours (I gained those activity points today!), I went to the library to get some DVD's for the long weekend. I was very excited to see Junebug available - You can find some jems once in a while.. I also picked up Monster In Law (love that J-lo!), Seabiscut and a workout dvd. I also checked out Still Life With Woodpecker, my advisor last fall recommended I read it. Because I am a slow reader I may not make it through, but I'll give it a try.

The thought has occurred to me today that if this whole art thing doesn't work out I might become a stand up comedian. I wonder if there's a Berlitz type school for that?

No comments: