Wednesday, August 16, 2006

What's Up...

Today has been a mixed bag. I started out by going to a Weight Watchers meeting and the topic this week is Change... It's was about the stages of it. First there is Not Ready, then there is Ambivalence where the pros and cons of changing are equally balanced and then Ready for Change (or something similar). Lisa who leads this particular meeting brought up the fact that sometimes people get in the ambivalence stage because one of the following reasons. Complacency, Feeling alright with the what you've done so far, fear of losing weight and something else which I can't remember.

When we started talking about fear of losing weight it really hit home. I think sometimes I'm afraid to actually lose more weight because then I'll attract more attention to myself which I'm not used to. I'm not used to people looking at my body. When I was fat it was easy, because I automatically didn't have to deal with people thinking of me in that way... I think in some ways I'm still really uneasy with it.

No update on Tucker yet today... I saw DJ the dog today on his walk - I think he recognized me.

Tomorrow I start my Receptionist training - I'll let you know how it goes tomorrow.

No comments: