Tuesday, October 17, 2006

LOU!

Today the Chicago Cubs are going to announce that Lou Piniella will take over as manager of the club. What a wise move, I remember fondly the days back in Seattle when he managed the Mariners.

There's also talk of Alex Rodriguez coming over from the Yankees in a trade. Well I guess you can't have everything.... A-Rod sucks. I guess I'm one of those bitter fans who can't get over the fact that while he was in Seattle he always said he was a francise player, but then Texas started dangling the cash-ola out in front of him and he said he wanted to play for a winning team and it wasn't about the money (what a bum!). No matter how well he plays or how cute he is, he's still a bum.

On another note, Fannie May is opening up three new stores in the Chicago area. Have I told you about the free samples they give out at Fannie May? Unlike See's Candy (west coast candy store) where they just hand you a sample, Fannie May puts out a whole tray of the samples where you can take as many as you'd like. On a good day I can grab three. It's making me hungry just thinking about it.

No comments: