Thursday, March 22, 2007

What's going on.

I had an advising session with Christine and a talk with Karolina yesterday about my work (and myself)... it was pointed out to me that basically I say "look at me" with everything... I guess I've always wanted attention (although I don't necessarily like to admit it)... it's just strange to have it pointed out to me. I think it's interesting and it is making me think a lot.

Christine brought up that a lot of my work (lately) is asking for judgment (approval???) by the viewer and it's a bit egotistical of me to be doing these things... (the Google project and the running...).

Things that make you go hmmmmm.

1 comment:

bezdomnik said...

hmmmm, indeed. i think plenty of artwork is about lookatme, but you can't make yourself not do it... can you? some of my favorite artists could be said to be in this mode, and i still find them touching.

so there.