Monday, August 03, 2009

A Recap (Mr. Arms included)

I managed to make it through everything I had to do yesterday without any major hiccups.

First off let's start with the cycle class. I ended up getting to the gym around 9am and went through some of the timing on my songs. When sitting on the instructors cycle you can see the back wall of the gym which includes the door to the men's locker room. As I'm sitting there I see Mr. Arms walk into the locker room to get ready to workout. I continued to write things down when he came out and actually started talking to me. I think he asked me if I was ready and I said something about it being my first time and he said "the only thing you have to worry about it the 20 sets of eyes looking at you". I said "thanks a lot".

Well, class started and I think it went pretty well... I still have to get my queuing down (that's when you tell people what to do and give them fair warning)... I have to be a little less self-deprecating (it's a habit I need to get rid of in all areas) and I need to work on my flow... but on the good side - one of the regulars came up and told me that I seemed very relaxed and gave me a few pointers... he said that some people probably won't like my style (less talk, more action) but some people really will and I might get a good following. A few other people told me that they liked my music and I also got a round of applause when I was done. That was sweet...

During class Arms walked back into the locker room and gave me a thumbs up. aww schucks.

I think I will rearrange a few of the drills before tomorrow night but for the most part I think things were pretty good.

Well, after the cycle class I went down to de-install my show. It took us about two hours to take all the pushpins out of the wall. I got copies of the guest book for my records and I still stymied by the one comment in there that said what a lost chance. That kind of sucks... boooo. I guess a group of kids from the Phinney Ridge Community Center came to see the show last week and they were enamored with the pushpins. I think I forgot how beautiful and simple something can be. I may have to get some good documentation of that piece and enter it into some shows.

Okay, what's next? I went to Red Robin for dinner last night. We celebrated Katie's third Birthday... the most amazing thing that happened though is that I made it out of there without eating a french fry. I had the ensenada chicken platter... a chicken breast with salad... since I had the bout of nervous tummy pre-cycle class I figured I should go with the weight loss effects and eat sensibly.

Today is my last Monday at work... I think I'm going to be busy this week... I need to start packing up some of my belongings... I don't have much to pack though... oh the excitement of my life.

I also start a house sitting gig tomorrow... should be a busy few weeks. I guess that's all I have this morning... I slept like a log last night that was good.

No comments: