Friday, March 05, 2010

I've already been up an hour...

I know - it's 5:30 my time.... I needed to watch Survivor online though...

Last night I went to the Kiki Smith lecture at the UW. It was good.... I'm not much of a listener (okay, I can listen - but I don't always "hear" things).... the brain doesn't work that quickly sometimes... but the important stuff sinks in. What I usually glean from these sorts of events is that I really do "think" like an artist... well, at least like Kiki... sort of stream of consciousness - one thing to another etc... I remember back in 2002 when I was studying in Rome I listened to a lecture by Vija Celmins she was very similar in tone.....

Articulating why you are doing something ... not rationalizing why and where it sits in an art historical context... None of that "artspeak" which I find very difficult to get into.... I really don't want to be burdened with figuring out where I fit. I just want to do.

I wish there were more events like this in Seattle - they happen a lot more often in Chicago (one thing I miss)...

Okay, I am getting ready to go to the Chiropractor this morning and then I have to pick up donuts (I wish I didn't like donuts...). I have to weigh in tomorrow and I'm not looking forward to it...

I better go.

No comments: