Sunday, July 18, 2010

I'm back.

We (Stinky and I) are sitting on our sofa, back in the old comfortable position...

Camp was really good this year.  Not overly dramatic, not too sad, just good.

My knee is getting better - that's the only thing I would have changed about last week... my knee and foot were killing me all week.  I'm pretty sure it was walking on the uneven surfaces in my new orthotics.  I'm going to test it out this morning teaching.  I wonder if I'll be able to make it through.. I teach twice tomorrow...

Okay, back to camp.
Highlights...    Making cupcakes.  New tree being planted in the honor of my 20th summer counseling.  A camper passed out during closing circle (he's okay)...  A bat decided to dive bomb us during a semi - serious moment.  Chipmunks galore, farting frogs, a rodeo...

After a week at camp I usually think I should go back to church... I may someday... but for now, I teach.

Last night I was worn out... as a staff closing we went around the circle and gave verbal affirmations to each other.. it was difficult at times, but it was nice.  I think everyone should try to let people know how they feel about them and point out the good things and not just the bad....

The only bad things about camp?  I gained six pounds, my knee hurt... I didn't get a ton of exercise... oh well... overall I give it a thumbs up!

No comments: