Friday, March 04, 2011

how much can one woman take?

I was woken up at 5:00 this morning by my hip.  It said "hey Jennifer - you walked too much yesterday and now I'm going to kick your ass" (literally)...  nothing like not being able to be horizontal...  I guess that's what I get for going out to First Thursday...

Yes, I did it!  I actually ventured out at looked at art.  By far my favorite work was at SOIL it's multimedia work by Julie Alpert and Andy Arkley.  I would try to describe it but I would fail.  All I can say is it makes me smile.  Okay - I'll give it a go.... it's a combination of flash animation, music and installation....   you just have to go see it... sparklepants approved.  I like art that makes me smile.

I saw a few people that I know so that was nice... now if I could just get some of my friends to go with me next month... it was much easier going to openings in Chicago (although they were on Friday nights and I was always exhausted when I went to them...)....  it's always easier to do things when you have someone to do them with...

I think I said earlier that I've got some plans in the work when it comes to my artwork...  I just need the following...

a van
a personal pa system
paying customers

It's a tie in with my MFA Thesis work back in 2007....   the working title is JT's Heartache Tours...

The one good thing about waking up early is that I have more time to post.  Good news for both you and me...

This weekend I am going to be working on setting up my studio...  I have a waxing appointment tomorrow... gotta keep those armpits clean...  and clean up the unibrow, mustache and legs as well...  I'm not sure what else I'm going to be doing... I guess I should clean the apartment as well....  I think I might have to do laundry tonight...  ohhh hooo!  I lead such an exciting life!

I guess I better sign off now - maybe I'll get into work early and surprise everyone!

No comments: