Monday, July 18, 2011

Hmmm... down but not out.

I had a busy day yesterday...  I made reservations for a hotel in Burlington Vermont and finalized my transportation to and from Vermont... only $200 or so more than I was expecting...  I have to send in a payment this week...  I only have about half of it though...  the question is, who do I ask for a loan???  my Mom?  My Dad?..... poop.  what can I sell?  I'm looking into applying for a few more grants but I don't know if it's going to work out....

Yesterday I went to half price books and sold some dvd's...  I got $25.00 for them!  Every little bit helps I guess.

I also managed to get down to see the Mad Art Homes exhibit...  it was great... I like the idea of taking over a house and installing art in it....  I've thought about doing that sort of thing before... 

The exhibit is put on in some older houses that are slated for Demolition... it's put on by the same group that I met with a few years ago about doing a proposal for their first window project... I never did a proposal because I was working on my show at 4 Culture - I didn't have the time or energy to do both... 

I liked the work yesterday because it invigorated me... it makes me want to make work...  I haven't had this feeling for a while...  that's a good thing...

Did you notice that I haven't mentioned my knee yet??  I know, it's a miracle.  I have my pre-op appointment tomorrow... that will be exciting.  I am so looking forward to getting this taken care of and being able to walk normally again.  Or at least getting rid of the dull ache that's been there for the past two months..

I think that's all I have this morning... see you tomorrow.

No comments: