Sunday, July 15, 2012

Derby and Drama...

Okay, the title of this post is a bit misleading... I did go to the roller derby last night and it was fun.  I think I may go back again in the future... unfortunately this was the last bout of the season...  it seems like it would be a fun thing to do in the winter to get out...  I can even walk down to the Seattle Center to do it...

The only drama I have in my life right now is getting my apartment clean in the near future... I think I am going to be having company next weekend.  I wonder if I will ever have a truly clean apartment...  Maybe if I had someone to clean for other than myself.  Maybe If I had a maid.  Maybe if I had a bucket to go with my mop...  maybe if I didn't have all these excuses...

Switching gears to me (okay, the above paragraphs were  all about me too).... this morning in class I had a woman in it who is in a wheelchair.  She was able to get up on the bike and able to vary her resistance to get a good workout.... it was nice to see.

This afternoon I am going to go visit Dad.  It's been a few weeks since I've been there.  I was going to go last week, but my cold prohibited me from going.....   I like going to visit but I get very apprehensive.  You never know what you're going to get.  Is he going to be cranky, is he going to be sleeping??  Is he going to be making sense?  I always feel better when I get there but it's hard sometimes. 

The other day I had a voicemail from my sister and my first thought was that something had happened to my Dad...  it didn't have anything to do with that, but still it made me a bit nervous.

Sometimes I think it might be easier if I had someone else to go visit him with me...  it sucks to be alone sometimes.

This week I am back to my crazy teaching schedule (I need more pants) and getting prepared for my Long Walk.  (oh, and the cleaning...).

No comments: