Thursday, November 08, 2012

Here I am...

For those of you looking for post Monday - Wednesday I am sorry to say you may be out of luck.

It turns out with all the teaching I don't have much time to rant/complain...

I don't have much to complain about today...

If you hadn't guessed by the photo I posted the other day my political leanings are with the good old Democratic Party...  I'm not a crazy gung-ho democrat, but in general I believe in equal rights for all, that including people being able to marry who they want to marry, women being able to decide what they want to do with their bodies, and breaks for the middle class (which sort of includes me)...  Universal Healthcare...  I believe in being kind to people.

Yesterday I got into a little bit of a "conversation" with a Republican friend of mine on facebook...  I had mentioned something about my lady parts celebrating... she has very differing viewpoints of our President and his background (think a al Donald Trump) and the economy...  sometimes it's hard to see other people's points of view.  I've tried and I really can't see hers.. but we are friends and we will remain so.  We just have to realize people were raised differently with different values... I've gotten to the point where I'm stuck in my ways and beliefs, and no amount of arguing is going to change my mind. 

Tuesday I was not particularly worried about the outcome of the Presidency.  For the first time ever I found comfort in math.  I saw a story on CBS Sunday Morning last week about Nate Silver and his 538 Blog at the New York Times  He took all the polls and ran the numbers - he gave Obama a 92 percent probability of winning the election.  He was right... I found a lot of comfort in math for once.  That and a loaf of french bread....

So - that's all I know.

I think I would have been a good diplomat...

friends of mine said I handled by FB "conversation" really well...

Friends will remain friends... 

Oh, I do know that I believe in puppies too.

No comments: