Sunday, July 30, 2006

I'm An Artist! Really.

Now that all of my busywork is done for the summer I need to start thinking about the direction of my work. I've decided to start exploring the role of humor in my work. I could tackle the big issues of poverty, famine, political tensions, Condoleeza Rice's outfits... but that's not me.

I discovered Google Earth this summer. It's pretty cool - you can type in where you want to go and it will take you there (it's satellite images of terrain...). In some instances you can turn on 3-d images of the buildings associated with the area you're looking at.

The title of my series is going to be "my sex life according to Google Earth". I have been finding all of the places I have had sex in my life and doing drawings from the images I take from Google Earth. I might do them large scale - to make up for the fact that my sex life is a little less interesting than you might think. The most interesting places were back when I was a youngster (and had more energy).

Maybe on my plane ride tomorrow I'll get to work on it... I'll post more later - I have laundry to check on.

No comments: