Tuesday, November 28, 2006

The wonders of the internet....

That uncontrollable urge came over me the other day... you know the one. The one that compels us to search for our first true love. Don't tell me that you've never done it, had the urge to comb through the telephone pages looking for that name.

Well I googled Trevor's name and I found some stories about him. I knew he lived in Alaska and got married a few years back... it turns out that he ties flies (that's a fishing thing for you all...). I think I knew even back in the 80's that whoever ended up with him would be second to the call of the open sea (river?)

There was an article about him having a show (he's an artist just like me!)...

Just having this information was not enough though, I decided to post a message on craigslist under the "strictly platonic" section looking for him. A nice person looked in the phone book for him but didn't find him listed.. she did however look up property tax information and found him.. it had an address listed... she sent it all to me. I'm tempted to send him a Christmas card... but I wouldn't want to cause a rift in the family.

After my post the other day about letting people know how you feel about them I feel the need to let him know that I am glad he was my first...


boyfriend that is. He was a pretty good guy overall... I can even forgive him hooking up with that girl on his class trip to Hawaii... and taking someone else to his prom (I was asking for it when I told him that I guessed I wasn't going because he didn't officially ask me!)... He was alright.

So, do I send the card?

No comments: