Monday, May 28, 2007

How much food coud a jenerator eat...

My welcome home food fest is coming along swimmingly... I'm not going to step on the scale because I know what I will find and it won't be pretty.

I went to Pilgrim Firs on Saturday and had a splendid time. I wrote a post and I will tack it on the end of this post today.. I think it's kind of sappy and I wrote it when I was really tired. I was only there for 20 hours or so but it did me a world of good.

Yesterday I spent most of the day with my sister, brother in law and nephews in Olympia. We went to the farmers market and then we had birthday cake and watched Mary Poppins (I snoozed a little bit in the middle)... after dinner I came back home.

I'm still trying to process the whole being out of Grad school thing... I need to start working some more (making art that is)... I'm also trying to find ways to make money this summer...

If you're out there and have a job to give I need it.

Maybe I'll run around Greenlake today.

Here's the PF post
8431 steps, 3.85 miles, 2 activity points…
Pilgrim Firs.

It’s nice to be missed. I’m here at Pilgrim Firs (for those of you who don’t know it’s a camp that I went to as a kid and have counseled at summer camp for 17 of the last 19 summers.)

It’s one of those places that everyone should have, a place to be yourself, to experience a connected-ness with your friends and whatever your God might be. Some of the most important people of my life are those that I’ve met here. I have also made some very important decisions here.

Over the years I have received and written letters to people from within these cabin walls that have been the most honest communications possible. It’s where I met my very first boyfriend back in the 80’s and had my first “real” slow dance. It’s where I contemplated weather or not I liked drinking a little too much and it’s where I found my authentic self.

I guess I should go to bed now… I’ll talk more about this place at a later time… my back is killing me and I should try to get some sleep.

No comments: