Wednesday, July 25, 2007

misty watercolored memories

I am happy to report that I survived my first day back in the working world.

I must admit that there is something kind of nice about working in an office environment. People talking about their late nights out... the soft whir of the photocopier... the potential of earning some money. I worked in the Records Department doing inventory on some files. I haven't really worked in records since the late 80's (holy crap I'm old). It wasn't too bad... I got to walk around downtown during lunch (oh the shopping).

Even though I miss the goings on of the office I realize that I couldn't do it forever. I am really glad that I decided to go to school. Now if only being an artist could pay as much as pushing paper the world would be perfect.

I woke up at 5:00 intending on going to the gym but it didn't happen. Maybe after work I'll suck it up and go.

I get to spend the next few days dog and house sitting for my sister and her brood of animals. Bailey, Emmy and Tooter... I'll post photos when I can.

I'm trying to find something cute to wear during the torchlight run... it's not happening. I suppose I could dress up like a pirate but that might be uncomfortable. (for those of you in Chicago the pirate idea comes from the whole summer festival called Seafair - there are pirates, boats and sailors galore...).

Well, I better get moving.

No comments: