Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Stinky's eventfull morning...

It's mornings like this that you dread... at 2:45 this morning Stinky (Tucker is her real name for all you new readers) started fussing. My mom put her out and then tried to get her back to sleep but she kept on fussing. Around 4:15 she woke me up and I took her to my bed with me for a while.. I did notice that her breathing was a bit fast but didn't really think much more about it. I took her downstairs around 6 and went back to bed. around 6:20 my mom brought her upstairs and showed me her belly and it had hives on it.

We then noticed that she had hives all over her head and muzzle... we took her to the emergency vet because she was swelling up like a balloon. She got benydryll and steroids and seems to be doing better... The vet thinks she either was in contact with a spider or a wasp and had an allergic reaction.

I hate the feeling of being out of control... To think that Stinky might not make it... anxiety and stress... I was physically shaking before we took her to the vet.. (although it was just my knee).. I can only imagine what it's like when a human that you care for is in one of these situations...

So I guess if I had to sum up this morning I would say... let the people you care about know it, because you never know what's going to happen....

No comments: