Friday, July 20, 2007

A tough row to hoe..

I was mistaken when I thought I was going to be paid yesterday - The Art Institute paid on Thursdays and WW was Friday back in Chicago. Well, I checked my bank account this morning and I did get paid but only for one meeting. You can't pay bills with $31.27. Okay, you could pay the random minimum credit card payment but not much more. I guess I'll just have to hound the powers that be.

On the bright side I did get that temp job I interviewed for yesterday. It's good to have "mad administrative skills"...the office manager was wondering why I didn't want a permanent position - it sounded like I could have one if I wanted (I'll have to keep this in mind for later in the year).

The only drawback to actually having a job is that I won't be able to watch the Today show in the morning. I must admit that my viewing habits have changed since I moved back home... it was much easier to sit on the futon with the computer on my lap and the television on in 280 square feet of room than it is here. My wifi connection doesn't reach into the living room. Oh well, the sacrifices we have to make.

Last night I went out to dinner with my mother and the "ladies", it's a group of women my mother has known for years and years. They get together for dinner a couple times a month - Their dinners were always shrouded in mystery to me, but really they just get together and eat. It was a bit noisy so we couldn't gossip or anything.

On SYTYCD they eliminated Hoc and Anya. I had guessed that those would be the two... I was hoping that Lacey would be in the bottom three but she wasn't... she's good, but Sabra and Sara are better I think...

Today I need to enjoy my last full day of unemployment... maybe lay on the sofa with my dog. Paint my toenails - WAIT A MINUTE! the Nordstrom Half Yearly Sale starts today... I could spend my $31.27 on something pretty!

No comments: