Sunday, September 23, 2007

Whatever happened to customer service?

I went out and about today... I decided to go to Macy's and Herald Square... I thought that maybe a bit of retail therapy would do me good.

I did manage to find a few things for myself (all on sale of course)... but what I found most was a lack of customer service. I must have wandered around Macy's for at least 90 minutes and not once did anyone offer to help me. If I asked someone for help they would oblige but nobody came out and asked me if I needed anything. When I did buy something they asked me to go online and fill out a survey about the service of the person ringing up the sale... I'm not sure what I will say when I fill them out.

Maybe I'm just used to the Nordstrom style service - Just to be acknowledged is nice. There was an exception during my trip, Old Navy had some friendly and helpful employees. But I'm afraid to say that Sephora lacked good service as well, I was in there at least a half an hour with no offer of help.

If I ruled the world I would require good customer service from everyone and I'd be rich!

On the bright side of going out, I did try on some clothes that other people had left in the fitting rooms and I fit into a dress size 4 petite.... It makes me almost regret eating that whole Cadbury bar yesterday...

1 comment:

LJNDawson said...

You might try sharing your Sephora experience at www.measuredup.com - it's a new customer service website where consumers can post about how they're treated in stores and other businesses.