Sunday, November 18, 2007

I've seen heaven...

and it's in New Jersey!

okay, not really but it's close. I decided to take the free shuttle to Ikea in Elizabeth, NJ. As a bonus I got to see Liberty International Airport which is the airport I will be flying out of when I head home on the 16th.

The Ikea was very nice. Two levels and a very fancy restaurant in the middle... I had a chicken ceasar salad for under five bucks. Now that's a deal. I went there looking for frames for my work. I think I've found frames that are going to work.... I will have to get matt's cut for them but the price is right and I think it will be groovy.

Friday night I met up with my friend Jenna from Seattle. She is in town visiting friends... Yesterday I met up with Helen and Mark from Chicago - I was her TA for the early college program and Mark fixed up old crusty (my laptop) when she was sick. She (Helen) is in town doing National Portfolio Day for Undergrads for School... I hope she gets paid sooner that I (well I can't say did because I haven't been paid yet)....

We took in some of the gallery shows in Soho. We checked out the Moriko Mori show at Deitch Projects and this other project that I think was called the House that Herman Built it's all about the house that this incarcerated prisoner wants to build... click on the link and you'll find out all about it. It was very interesting.

Did I mention that I went back to Title This on Friday and made $30.00? I also met an art dealer from LA who liked my work. I may have mentioned this but my brain has started leaving my body and I'm forgetting things and repeating myself... maybe Friday I'll be able to sleep in... I may have to wear earplugs to keep the noise of the radiator out of my head.

Okay, I guess that's it. Brian Wansink (Mindless Eating) is going to be on 60 minutes tonight so I have to go watch... he was on Today on Friday... I guess it's the obligatory pre-thanksgiving food stories...

No comments: