Saturday, November 24, 2007

the longest day in recent memory...

It's days like these that make me realize I'm no spring chicken anymore (hmmmmm chicken).

It started out with me waking up at 3:30... luckily I was only awake for 15 minutes or so. I managed to sleep in until 6am, had my morning coffee and then made my way down to the Today Show to pick up the camera from Sonja. On the way back I stopped by Macy's to pick up a small dvd player for the show in Miami. I then went to WW and home to drop off the player. I was supposed to pick up my matts after 11 but when I got there at 11:15 the shop was still closed. After waiting for a while and a few trips around the block I decided to walk over to the bus terminal and check out the line for the Ikea shuttle. The line was pretty long and I decided to go back home and just try to get everything done tomorrow. (I didn't want to risk going to Ikea and not being able to pick up my matts).

On my way home I decided to check the frame shop again... luckily they were there. It turned out that Shah the owner had driven in and traffic was bad. He apologized for being late and took $22.00 off the price. Now I would definitely go back to him again.

I had to drop the matts off at the apartment and I figured I should just bite the bullet and go to Ikea. I still had some time before the last shuttle so I did a nice run/walk to the bus terminal. New Jersey was much better looking today... the sun was shining, the birds looked like they were singing... through the bus windows.

I managed to get all my picture frames purchased and back to the shuttle for the ride back to Manhattan. Once I got back I decided I should just take a cab to the studio - because carrying those frames the length of about four blocks made my arms burn.

After dropping the frames off at the studio I finally made my way home. I ended up walking over 11 miles... I'm surprised I'm still awake.

I know this post is not that exciting but what can I do? I'll do a Parade post soon. I have pictures of the baloon feet.

No comments: