Sunday, December 09, 2007

The end is near...

Here is my report from Miami.

Yesterday we had a bit of freedom which was nice... The big news of the day is that Fi sold her piece to a gentleman from Milan. Here are some pictures of it... I'm sorry I don't have a full image - but that's how I roll.



Hey, Look! There's my work in the background!





Those would be James paintings on the left.



I met a gentleman named Duncan... he's an editor and these are his shoes



I also met his sister Karen... these are her shoes (you know I like converse!)



We also saw Zachary again and these are the shoes he wore...



He also had a really great red top on.

After my stint at the booth I walked down to Aqua Wynwood to see my friend's Anne and Isaac's work. They both show at Lawrimore Project in Seattle. Isaac has this great pool table c-print that's in the actual size of a pool table... (I think I got that right - but since I'm not a photo person we'll just have to add a margin of error).

I also visited the James Harris Gallery, Lisa Boyle, NavtaSchulz and met Luis from Luis De Jesus Seminal Projects in San Diego. Everyone at Aqua was very friendly and there seemed to be a more laid back feeling than Scope. Don't get me wrong, Scope is great - but Aqua seemed a bit more accessible in areas.

I really enjoyed the Lawrimore Project... interesting work - great space (who knew a loading dock could look so good?). I might be biased because I know a few of the artists there - but that's just the way I am.

I wish I had time to get to the Aqua Hotel but I don't think it's going to happen. I guess half of Aqua is better than none.

So.... to continue on with my report - as I returned from a short trip to Target to get Turkey Jerky and cookies I met a woman who is looking for high concept art for a new Comcast building... she really liked my work. I take this as a good sign - she gave me her card.

I have sort of resigned myself to going back to New York with all my work - I have gotten good response so I am a bit encouraged, but it doesn't pay my visa bill.

There is always today. Speaking of today we are flying back to New York tonight and then I can go back to the Today Show tomorrow... I really miss it when I'm not there. The other day I met a gentleman who used to work there and knows a segment producer... my dream of really being on the show may actually work out!

My only regret about Miami is that I didn't get a chance to put on my swimsuit... I guess I could go put it on right now and parade around the hotel room but that wouldn't have the same feel.

Here are some images of my work...







I'll try to take some better photos today for you all.

Everyone have a safe trip back to wherever you're from.... word to your mother!

No comments: