Friday, December 28, 2007

Fedex sucks.

I tried tracking one of the boxes that I sent to myself from New York. It contained all my memorabilia from the Today Show plus some other personal items (my favorite raincoat, shoes etc...). When I went to put in the number there was no record of the box. I inquired about it online and when I got a response I was told that my package was damaged. I'm not exactly sure if it is no longer in existence or what. I am envisioning my things being strewn around the back of a truck and flying out onto the highway.

Considering that most of the frames were broken when I received them via Fedex AND they damaged/lost my research for I heart Ann I don't think I'm going to use them again. They suck.

I realize that it's just stuff, but it was my stuff collected over the period of three plus months. How can you put a value on that?

1 comment:

FedUp said...

Please understand that Fedex Ground drivers who travel between states, terminal to terminal, are totally FedUp with Fedex. Fedex wants us to hurry and then sit 24 hours praying for a load to the next terminal. Many drivers are only working ever other week as Fedex hired too many trucks for too little Freight. Think about it... we still have to make our truck payments and house payments with only half a paycheck. All Fedex Ground trucks are owner operators, do you think under these circumstances we give a shit if your packages are late!