Saturday, December 15, 2007

one more day...

Yesterday I managed to find a nice polka dot suitcase to pack my belongings in. I think everything should work out as long as the weather cooperates.

I'm trying to figure out what I should do on my last day. maybe I should go to the Met... I haven't been to a museum since I've been here (bad artist). Maybe I'll go to the Carnegie Deli and get a Rueben sandwich.... I'm not going to weigh in until next week because... oh hell, I should just weigh in this morning because it's good for me... and I'll have a realistic picture of what I've been doing to myself the past few weeks.

I do know that I have to get some batteries for my camera.

Here is a nice picture of Ann



Google Alerts is a great thing. You enter a certain search criteria and when someone posts something containing those parameters it lets you know. I got an alert this morning... someone liked my work in Miami. It's nice to be liked.... in fact I'm a positive affirmation slut. I want all the kudos and attention I can get... maybe it's because I never got attention when I was a lonely fat girl... I got some but not a lot.

Thinking about that leads me to another quick story related to body image. When we were flying back from Miami I sat in the middle seat. I sat next to a lady and we started talking a little bit. She said she was relieved when a "skinny woman" sat down next to her - me a skinny woman? yes, I guess I am... I still revert back to my fat girl thinking at time... I remember when I used to not quite fit in the airplane seats. I never needed a seatbelt extender but I was never comfortable...

Yesterday was my last day at the Today Show. It was kind of sad... I've made some friends there - Richie who lets the people into the building, Walter, who guards the revolving door, Dominic and Dennis... William who takes the pictures. Rick and all the guys at the entrance (Rick wasn't there all week - so I didn't get to say goodbye to him... he did give me a hug before I left for Miami though)... I found a weird little family at the Today show... I know that if I needed something I could go to them and they would help me... Linny, and Sonia - maybe even Meredith Vieira too.

I have to say overall I had a good time... I think if I had found a job I couldn't have experienced the show to the full extent required of my work.

Well, I guess that's it for now. More later.

No comments: