Friday, December 07, 2007

Target is calling my name.

Scope Day two ish.

Things picked up yesterday and I settled down a bit... cranky factor is at 2 (on a scale of 10). Some people expressed interest in my work (still no sales though).

It's hard to be taken seriously when you're viewed of as a novelty act. It is an opportunity though, so I'm not going to complain too much.

Chad and his friend Liza (his producer) stopped by yesterday. I gave him a few of my t-shirts to wear around. There's nothing like shameless self promotion. I'm all for it. I also started working on a post about the bathrooms at Scope but I was interrupted... they are in these big trailers provided by Kohler - they have automatic faucets and extra cushy towels to dry your hands on. The attendant who cleans them calls me honey. I like that - I told her if I sold anything I would give her a big tip because it's the people with those jobs that keep the whole thing running.

In the afternoon, Buki and I went to Photo Miami and talked to Zachary Drucker about his work.

All of us went out for dinner at the Chinese restaurant in our hotel. It was good to get away from the spotlight for a while (not to mention being able to sit down...).

I don't have to be at Scope until 1pm today - I may make my way to Target and look for a new outfit for tonight (there is an SAIC reception at the National).

This is the view from my hotel room's balcony...






More later...

No comments: