Thursday, January 31, 2008

I've been suppressed.

I have been suppressed about a lot of things for a long time... one of them in particular I can't really talk about. My friends know, some strangers even... I realize my posts have lost their luster in the past eight months - but there's a reason. Soon enough (hopefully) I will be back to my old cynically optimistic self.

I've had a filter on my fingers and being that I like to follow rules they haven't been functioning to the fullest.

On another note, I went to the library yesterday and found through iTunes that I can subscribe to the Today show video cast. I downloaded the mornings episode and then updated to the latest version of iTunes. It turns out when I updated the version my Today show episode disappeared. That sucks. I have just opened iTunes and I have resubscribed to the video cast. The only problem is that it will take fifty hours to download with dial up. I suppose I could suck it up and help pay for a higher speed connection. Okay I take that all back.... I found the episode in my list. What a dork I am.

On the schedule next week for me I am attending the Scholarship For Scholars event at the UW for the MFA Ceramics Program. It's a raffle of the current faculty's work and a silent auction of Alumni and others work. Twenty bucks gets you in the door with a hand made cup and all the food and drinks you can consume (within reason).

I'll be there - it's Tuesday at 6:00. I tried to put a link but my dial up won't let me. go to http://depts.washington.edu/teapot for more info.

I got a list of the other people who were selected for shows at 4Culture and started googling them last night. I know who a lot of them are. It should be a good lineup.

One thing they don't teach you in art school is that if you are ever selected for anything you'll usually get a call. If you don't hear anything for a long time you've probably not been selected. This actually goes for a lot of things, jobs - television shows, pageants (okay I'm not too sure about the last one...).

No comments: