Sunday, March 16, 2008

I don't think I'm ready for this.

I'm awake, I've got the coffee ready to go, I've got the outfit picked out... but it's too stinking cold to be running.

I suppose I did run in Chicago when it was less than thirty degrees out, but that was different. It wasn't damp. (would I like some cheese to go with that wine?)

I suppose you could call it suffering for my art... once I start running I will warm up... it's thinking about the time in between dropping stuff at the gear check and the start of the race I fear.

Last night I ordered some good binaural microphones. You might be wondering what those are... I was wondering too... they are microphones that go into your ears and they do an amazing job recording things. They also just look like headphones so you can look inconspicuous while you're recording your friends conversations. Too bad I didn't hear how they sounded until yesterday - I could have ordered them sooner. Tia had a pair and I tested them out last weekend in my digital voice recorder and I was blown away. I now am very excited about the possibilities of their use.

Okay, I guess I should just get a move on and get on with this all.

I will update you later.

No comments: