Sunday, July 20, 2008

Hello Pityriasis Rosea!



I have a virus called that (pityriasis rosea) which is common in people ages 6 - 35 (okay I'm a little out of the age range)... it will go away on its own within 6 - 10 weeks. Good thing no one is going to be looking at naked (at least that I know of...).

I got a phone call from my lovely assistant Kristen inquiring about my health. It's nice to know that someone cares about me.

The photo up above is what it looks like (sort of)... my "herald" or "mother" patch is much more impressive than the one in the photo and I don't have as many smaller patches just yet. It's like the mother alien of all the patches and its spawn spread over the torso....

Now you all have learned something new. I'm off to expose myself to the sun to help elieviate the itching (although I don't really itch that much).

1 comment:

Tricia said...

I got Pityriasis maybe 2-3 weeks ago, and damn, it really itches! In the beginning it didn't because I just had gotten the herald patch, but the little ones are irritably itchy . . . plus they get aggravated and raw with too much friction. Ugh, I don't think anyone's going to be looking at me naked soon, but I'm going to the beach which will be a horrifying sight for some people, but at least it'll be UV treatment right?! haha, good luck with your Pityriasis, I think we got it at the same time!