Sunday, July 13, 2008

What's it all about?

Happy Sunday morning to you all.

I must admit I'm sort of feeling like a dud in general (I know that I'm really not though...). Last night the opening at Crawl Space was pretty low key... not a lot of people showed up, but the caliber of people was grand.

At one point everyone was talking about different artists and I felt a bit out of the loop... I mean I get the art magazines and I try to read about what's going on but I somehow still feel inadequate.

There, I've said it. I feel inadequate.... I know, I could tell you all you ever wanted to know about where to get the best cinnamon roll or rotisserie chicken in Seattle - but to talk coherently about the art world I'm not so good. I guess I don't talk much about art because I don't want to look incompetent - It's easier to just not say anything.

Okay, I guess I should just focus on things that I am good at... like going to cycling and registering for races. I'm going to sign up for the Thorchlight run again this year. I think I'm in better shape and I might shave some time off my results. Now I just have to find a good outfit. Maybe I should go over the top when I dress up so It will distract from the fact that I'm not a strong runner. Oh, also while I was at camp I managed to mess up my digital voice recorder so now I may have to get a new one.

Now I'm off to work on the thin thighs... Later.

No comments: