Thursday, August 14, 2008

Cultivate Contacts.

That is exactly what my horoscope said this morning. Hmmm. I wonder what sort of contacts I'm supposed to cultivate?

Tonight I head over to my sister's house to watch the dog and cat for the weekend. Bailey and Tooter... Tooter's name is actually Cleopatra but she is usually never called by her given name... maybe I should pick a new name... how about Ginger or Phoebe?? or Rowena.... you don't find too many Rowena's now-a-days do ya? Maybe we should start a campaign to get people to start naming their children underused names... like Rowena, Maude and Gertrude (I'm sure there are more out there....) oh yeah, Lucy and Ethel (of course I'm going through old television shows in my mind to think of these names...).

Look here's a link to a site about Ann Curry!

I started sending out my postcards yesterday and I decided to send some to the anchors and reporters for channel 5 News in Chicago. They are the NBC affiliate there... it would be the perfect opportunity for one of their young reporters to do a story that gets picked up by the Today Show. I've got it all planned out. Maybe that's what it means by cultivating contacts.... I sent postcards to Elle Pai Hong, Dick Johnson, Anna Davlantes and Marion Brooks to name a few.. I'll become famous one way or another.

Okay - I guess it's time to get a move on.... No rest for the wicked... I need to cultivate contacts!

No comments: