Sunday, January 18, 2009

I've made contact!

I finally had a "real" conversation with Mr. Arms today.

It wasn't as bad as I thought it might be... let me try to recall for you what was said.

First, let me set the scene - Mieko's Gym 9:24 a.m.

There I was standing at the drinking fountain that is right near the Men's locker room. I was filling up my water bottle and getting ready for cycle. I looked up and and he walked out of the locker room. I managed to grunt out a "hey" or something that sounded sort of like that and he said hey back (I think).

Flash forward to post cycle - I did manage to stare at his legs quite a bit during class... he was at one of the machines stationed around the cycle area. It was conveniently in the path to the front desk where they keep the sign up book for class. I was already signed up but I figure any chance to walk by him is good... as I made my way to the desk, beads of sweat dripping down my face it happened... he said either one of the two things... "you're tuckered out" or "you look worn out"... I said something like "I always am" (I think that's what I said the last time we sort of spoke...).

I then went to the desk and rifled through the signup notebook and then walked back towards the locker room. I said "why don't you cycle?" He said "I did on Wednesday" (note to self go on Wednesday...)... He then said "when did you start?" I replied "I started back in April". He then said "how many often do you do it" I replied "at least six times a week" He said, "three?" I said "six" (as I held up my fingers - I was sort of walking away...) and he said "you should start teaching" to which I replied "I've been thinking about it...." and then it was over.

It lasted a good 30 seconds... when I walked back out of the locker room I was going to ask what his name was but he was talking to someone else... he's very popular.

Now the "real" communication boundary has been broken... and I can communicate freely. so what if his voice doesn't match his body...

I can die a happy woman.

No comments: