Wednesday, November 11, 2009

She Scores!

Yesterday I trekked down to REI during lunch to look at heart rate monitors. I wasn't planning on buying anything - but my chiropractor had told me about the items in their bargain basement... and there is was. A Polar f7... normally 125.00 marked down to 46.00. I decided it was worth it... it had a broken snap on the chest strap, but I registered it online and sent it in to be repaired. I'm hoping that they fix it under the warranty (they may not because I didn't buy it new...). I figure that If I have to pay 25 dollars or so I'm still saving a bunch of money over a new one.

The reason I bought it was to make sure I am training effectively when I cycle.

Yesterday was pretty slow at work. Not that I really mind.. it gave me some time to figure out all the heart rate monitor stuff. My head is a little achy... I think it's the cats... they are making me sneeze and there is also something else that is biting me while I sleep. A bug of some sort... I found a few bites on my torso the other day and now I have a few on my shoulder.

I will survive though...

This weekend I think I mentioned that I am working at an information day for SAIC. On of my professors from school will be there. It will be nice to see her - she liked my idea of showing art in grocery stores and shopping malls.... she's sort of a big wig in curating circles. I took a seminar class from her my last semester... I sort of wish I had taken it earlier on... I might have appreciated it more. I think by the time I got to her I was so done with school I wasn't all the way in there. I have invited those who are participating to come to Crawl Space and see the show.

I don't think I'm quite ready to get moving this morning... hmmmm... maybe I'll take a vacation day sometime this month... It was mentioned that I wasn't taking any vacation this year... do I need to? Maybe I do. I'll have to take it under consideration. I don't need any time around the holidays... hmmmm... I think I shall ponder that while I take a shower....

No comments: