Friday, December 11, 2009

We've made it!

It is Friday and it's shaping up to be a good day - albeit cold again...

Yesterday I received my payment for working at the information day for SAIC last month... woo hoo... it makes me feel a little bit better about getting a massage on Saturday. I am also attending a trunk show on Saturday - it's the clothing line that I had the party for... I have a few pieces with my name on them. Having the extra cash will come in handy.

Yesterday at work I was informed that my skirt was coming undone (it was having issues at the seam)... luckily Mary Anne had a sewing kit and I fixed it before I showed the world my backside... now that might have been interesting...

We are almost half way through the month... can you believe it??

My cold seems to staying at the same level... not worse, not much better... I don't feel horrible but I could feel a bit better.

The other day I got a copy of the book that a photo on my blog was going to be published (it didn't make it into the final edition)... it's called "We feel fine"... it is the results of a software program that searches blogs for the phrase "I feel".... I haven't looked at it too closely but it has results about how the term "I feel" is used.... I flipped to the section about body image and it turns out that a lot of women don't feel so good about how they look... I may complain about my big calves and thighs but I'm not the only one... it's my shtick. I think you have to know me for a while before you can get a good idea of who I am... Overall I am very happy with my appearance... I like to rant every once in a while... if I didn't rant I would have to change the name of the blog. I don't want to do that...

Anyways... I think overall things are pretty good... I have a good job, I've decided to spend some more time in the studio and I'm taking care of myself.

I had some holiday reflection with Matt the other day... we discussed my bah humbug attitude around the holidays.... we hashed some things out - I feel good... we've been friends for a long time and he says I can be abrupt and cutting but I can also be warm and fuzzy.... I am very loyal but people have got to earn it...

I should get out my Psychologic evaluation from when I was tested for the learning disabilities... I seem to recall it explains a lot about the way my brain works and why I act the way I do.... I don't know if I've ever talked about that on the blog... finding out you're a slow processor can be a good thing... It was helpful in getting extra time to work on my tests in my Italian class back in school... but I digress...

I should get going.... this body isn't going to shower itself.

No comments: