Thursday, January 14, 2010

My first running related injury.

Okay, this isn't really a running injury.... if you're squeamish you may want to skip the description that comes next.

Last week I told you all about my bruised toenails... it turns out that one of them wasn't a bruise - it was a blood blister. So... last night after I worked out I went home and took a shower - then I clipped my toenails and sort of saw something bubbling underneath my toenail... I got a piece of tissue out and pressed on it... then came the gush of blood... my toenail is now back to its normal color but it's a bit loose... I'm thinking I may go look for a new pair of running shoes. I was fitted for this brand a few years ago.... who knows, maybe my feet have changed size or something... maybe I should also go get my feet checked to see if I need some new orthotics... but orthotics cost money...

Enough of the toenail story....

Tonight I get my hair colored.... I think I managed to style it alright yesterday - it just never looks quite like you want it to though. It's good enough though....

Today I am going to a ww meeting with one of my friends from my old job... I'm going for the moral support... it never hurts to go to more than one meeting in a week... She's been talking about joining for a while but hasn't been able to commit... maybe if she has someone doing it along with her it will work this time.... you just have to be willing to make those lifestyle changes and not just change your eating habits... it's the mind change which is the hardest part I think.

Oh well, I guess that's it... no more icky toenail stories.

No comments: