Thursday, March 18, 2010

The end of an era.

Tonight I am meeting a few friends at the original Red Robin on Eastlake.  It's closing on Sunday.

We all used to work there back in the old days.... they were good and bad days.  I think I was probably the most conflicted when I worked there... I had transferred from Central Washington University to Shoreline... working nights, not being able to get up in the morning to go to class... eating mud pie for dinner... gaining weight... being totally unhappy... okay, maybe it wasn't the best of times.  But I'm glad I went through them...

I also have a really good memory from eating there... when I was in high school my boyfriend and his dad had moved into a house in Fremont... we all went there after moving all day...  back in the old days they lined the baskets with red foil lined paper... Trevor (the boy in question) fashioned a red foil heart out of the basket liner and gave it to me...  that's kind of sweet...

Speaking of sweet.... I am having coffee with a member of the opposite sex on Sunday.  I think I told you a while back that I had joined match.com but wasn't happy with the matches they showed me... well, someone sent me an email and he seemed to not be a psycho killer so I decided to muster the courage to meet for coffee...  I figure I've got nothing to lose... it will get me in practice.

Next item of business - I bought the book Women and Money by Suze Orman on Sunday... I don't watch her show that often - but I did see her a few times when I was stalking Ann Curry on the Today show.  I finally bought it (it was 25%off at Target) because if I ever want to own property I need to get my act together....  Overall I'm doing pretty well but my first item of action was to get my FICO Score - I got it from both Experian and TransUnion... they are 777 and 799 -

Oops I got sidetracked and now it's time to go... I guess I'll push publish now...

No comments: