Wednesday, March 03, 2010

Will she ever see any art?

Susan commented on my blog asking if she will ever get to see any art. That's a good question. I don't know. I'm sure some will pop up eventually.... I have found that I am the sort of artist who just has things come to me. I can't just sit down and decide "I'm going to do this" and then pound it out. If I could just get a few seconds to actually go to my studio I would. If only I didn't have to work for a living things might be different. If only I didn't come up with excuses? Maybe that's it?

Will she ever get to see any art? I'm sure you will Susan.

Here's some old artwork to tide you over...





Sometimes I think it was easier when I was just strictly an object maker. I like objects but they don't satisfy me the way performance/video/blog/whatever does...

Okay.

That was kind of nice - a blog post in which I don't complain about how busy I am (well, not really).

1 comment:

Susan Roux said...

Your art is just like you!

Its colorful and dances all over the place. Some of it scattered, some so neatly organized. Yet all together is stands as a whole. Its you!

I love the wonderful colored shadows it makes...

Thanks for sharing. It makes me smile.