Sunday, February 13, 2011

it's been a long trip..

Yesterday I spent the majority of the day going to museums and walking. 

First off I walked up to the conference and dropped off my residency application and then I proceeded to the Whitney Museum of American Art.  They had a few exhibitions going on there...  The Singular Visions Show was one of my favorites.  A piece by Eva Hesse actually brought me to tears.  Now that doesn't happen that often - but it's nice to know that a piece of work can move me like that.  There were a few other shows there like the Charles Ledray Show (I just checked and he was born in Seattle - there you go!)... his work is all hand made miniature suits and pots and objects - it was mind boggling.

After the Whitney I stopped by the Gagosian Uber-Gift shop on Madison Avenue and got scolded for picking up a $900.00 book.  What?  I can't pick up a book?  what if I wanted to buy it?  I could have whipped out my credit card and done it... rrrrrrr. stupid security guard.

After that experience I went to the Guggenheim for a show from their collection it's pretty good - but there were too many crowds...  I hate having to deal with morons who don't know what they are talking about... I also hate those audio guides that they give to you so they can help you understand what  you are looking at.  It just aggravates me.

After that, I walked my way back down to the hotel - making my way through Central Park - I managed to stop by the Whole Foods at Columbus Circle...  fun fun...  I then got back to my room at 6:30 or so... then later I met my friend Maria for dinner.  It was fun - but I am pooped.

Today my flight doesn't leave until 6:30 so I can wander around a bit before I go.  I think I might go up to MOMA and cram some more art in... 

I will post photos I took at Central Park later... I'm too comfy right now to rifle around looking for my camera stuff... I think it's time for coffee.

No comments: