Friday, March 11, 2011

Recovery day two.

Well, I can walk but I feel like I've been hit by a truck.

My ankle and fingers are still swollen, but they are usable...  I have a bruise on my ankle but it's nothing worth showing you just yet... the one on my knee is a bit better...

I went to the chiropractor and my acupuncturist yesterday and they took good care of me...  I'll be back to normal (abnormal) sooner rather than later.  My chiropractor said that since I have a fairly high fitness level I have a leg up on my recovery... since I tear down my muscle fibers on a regular basis with workouts my body is always ready to repair them, so when I did this to my ankle my body is revved up and ready to repair - it doesn't have to ramp itself up to fix me.  Does that make sense?  It makes me feel better.

This morning I am going to take the bus to work... so that means I get to take a few more minutes on the sofa this morning... but then again it will probably take me a little while to walk to the bus stop.  I managed to drive yesterday but my foot got tired after a while of pushing down the clutch in stop and go traffic.

Tonight it's the sofa for me again  - sofa, ice and elevation...  I am teaching tomorrow, but I don't think I'm going to work that hard... we'll see how the foot feels when I clip into the pedals... I'm also going to break out my full blown ankle brace... good times.

Okay, I think that's all I've got for you this morning... that's quite a bit actually... stay safe everybody - and don't get distracted my pretty architectural elements as you are walking to work...

No comments: