Sunday, August 28, 2011

Late start.

Hi - here I am...

I spent the night at mamma's house and am here now... good news that Irene didn't cause more havoc than necessary...

I didn't say anything until now but I think that there is a connection between me flying places to make art and Hurricanes.   I remember sitting in Seatac Airport in August of 2005 as Hurricane Katrina was making it's way to Louisiana...  I was on my way to Chicago to Start grad school...

I remember arriving in Chicago and having no real idea of what was going on because I didn't own a television (gasp) and I didn't spend a lot of time listening to the radio.  I guess I was sort of buffered by it all.  Which is good I guess.

Now, I'm making my way to Vermont to make art and Irene is having has had her way with the East Coast....  I think I'm a hurricane jinx.

So.... what else do I know?  I found out this morning that one of my friends from Grad School lives in the town where I'm going!  How exciting is that?

Yesterday I canceled all the flights I don't need to take and I heard from the Vermont Studio Center saying that they would arrange for a shuttle to pick all of us up who were messed up by the storm.

I have a feeling everything will work out...  I even taught class this morning to help defray the cost of my new airplane ticket.

Today on the agenda I have a shower, laundry, and maybe the refinement of my packing...

then again I may just lay out and work on my tan...

No comments: