Friday, December 09, 2011

My only problem

Yesterday someone made an offhand comment inferring that I don't have empathy.  That bugs me a lot...  I am very empathetic - I just don't express it well...  If people only really knew how my brain works (it doesn't process quickly and thoughts jump around a bit)... just because I don't immediately express concern doesn't mean I have it.

If I didn't have empathy, this wouldn't bother me as much as it does...

Our holiday dinner was really nice...  I ate the lamb.  It was pretty good - since I don't have any frame of reference I don't know what to say other than that.  The best appetizer was hands down the dungeness crab legs with lemon aoili - yummy yummy yummy!

I ate, I socialized (as much as a socially awkward person can), then I came home...

I did get a  bonus so I can justify buying all those Real Simple hangers at Bed Bath and Beyond yesterday.  I used a coupon so it wasn't too bad.

I tossed and turned last night, can decide if it's because of the champagne I had to drink last night, or the comment about lack of empathy...  I think it's a combination of both...

Hopefully I'll get over it soon.  It's hard to be a tough cookie with a marshmallow center...

No comments: