Friday, December 16, 2011

Woot Woot - it's Friday!

It was a long day yesterday.  I was supposed to take the parental unit to the DMV to get his license renewed, but by the time we got down to the car we had to turn around and come back.  His knee was hurting him too much.  That's alright... I ended up cleaning up his apartment a bit, cancelling a physical therapy appointment and making him feel a little bit better....  He seems to be in pretty good spirits....  Hopefully the move will do him good.  The old man turns 85 tomorrow...

After helping out dad I headed off to Bellingham for a singles thing... sure it's a long way to drive, but it was fun (and an adventure)...  I should really get out more often.  I'm really as much of a dud as I think I am.  I made a few new friends last night (not of the romantic variety)... but still... a few more connections never hurts. 

This event was put on by a friend of a friend on Facebook - it's called Deb Slater's Eek Harmony.  It's a group that discusses being single and all the good and bad of it.  It turns out that I have a bit of an online reputation... people think I'm funny... that's good, but as we all know funny+smart does not = dates.  Ha ha....  after talking to me for a while would say "oh you're the one!" when they realized they knew me from my comments.  A woman whom I had never met before, sent me a message telling me that I could hang out with her, because it seemed like I would be fun to hang out with (I am totally paraphrasing here)....

Overall it was a good night (even though for appetizers I only got a single crab cake and a brownie bite for dessert).

Another note from the exercising your social muscles department!

Yesterday I ordered a ticket for a "last hurrah" for Skoochies on December 30th.  It's a party to celebrate the destruction of building which housed a dance club back in the 80's... although I have a hard time staying up past 9pm I am going to attempt to do it two nights in a row!  Some friends from High School are going so it will be fun.  I succumbed to peer pressure.


Tonight I have nothing planned... I may just have my ritual bubble bath and reading of the Entertainment Weekly...  sounds like a good way to wind down the week...

I don't know much besides that... I do know that I could have used a few more hours of sleep...  I got home a bit after 10 but it was still a little later than I'm used to... 

No comments: