Friday, January 13, 2012

Glad to be here....

I sure am glad to be here at the end of the week....  I am pooped.  It's been one of the longest weeks in recent memory.

I just have to get through today - tonight I am meeting some friends for dinner/whatever...  my best friend M has had an even harder week than I have.  Today she is going to the memorial service for her Step mother (it's a long story - but basically her biological father's ex-wife who has been like a grandmother to her kids)...  she had aggressive breast cancer....  after dealing with all the grief of today she wanted to hang out with some friends so that's what we'll do.  It can't hurt to spend time with friends.

They are saying that it's going to snow this weekend.  I'm sure you all remember how I feel about snow.   
I don't like it.

I would rather sit on a beach somewhere...

I don't know what else... I did dishes this morning so I'm feeling a bit virtuous...

Oh, I made a plane reservation to go to LA next month for the College Art Association Conference.  Luckily I made some friends while I was in Vermont who live in LA so I have a free place to stay!  That will be fun... now I just have to work on Teaching application so I might actually get an interview while I'm there (I sort of dropped the ball on this so I don't think that's going to happen - but you never know)...

Oh well... I guess that's the way things go.

Well - it's time to get off the sofa...

No comments: