Sunday, June 10, 2012

Cycling, Book Readings, Tony's...

Today is a full slate...
teaching, book reading and watching the Tony's...

Yesterday was full as well...  I subbed the cycle class and then did some laundry at the parental unit's house...  then it was off to get the legs waxed and then a camp meeting...  I got home before 7pm but I was wiped out.  I ended up going to bed before 9:30.

I've been wondering if I were to manage to sleep in a little bit longer in the morning, would I be able to stay up later at night therefore improving my social life?....   I have an active social life... it just all happens before 11am on weekends usually...

This afternoon an acquaintance of mine from Grad School is giving a reading of her new book at Elliott Bay Books.  I am going to buy the book and have her sign it...  and then I am going to read it!  Yes, I am going to read another book.  A friend of mine is coming along so we may go out afterwards...  look at me being social!

I plan on swinging by my Dad's place after class...  he's doing about the same.  It's hard to go sometimes, but I do it anyway...  some day's he's good, some days not so much... but he's plugging along...  I hope he's having a good day today...  if not, that will be alright....  I usually feel better after seeing him though.  Watching his decline is hard, but I can honestly say I have no regrets about any of our interactions during my lifetime, there's really nothing that has been left unsaid so I am content.  Sad, but content.  So even if it get's to the point where he doesn't know who I am it will be okay...  he's not there yet though...  I just have to keep saying the things I need to say.

Contemplative - that's how I'm feeling...  I think things are looking up...  or at least straight ahead...


No comments: