Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Long Days Journey into a new nickname...

Yesterday I subbed last minute at the club downtown AT 6AM!  The hardest part about getting up at 4:30 is trying to stay up in the evening later...  I had to teach last night as well so it made for a very long day.

Some of the high points though are as follows.

I found 10 dollars on the ground as I was walking down Madison... it was between Bank of America and IHOP so I'm assuming it was a drunk person dropping their change in the dark...

I went over 30,000 steps on my pedometer.

I came up with a new nickname... accidentally.  I was sending the other Jen Towner a text message saying that I was pooped and the iphone rearranged the words to Pooper D.  I think that's a good alter ego nickname to my other one, Sparklepants.

On Sunday I had a short visit with my Dad.  He was in bed (luckily he was dressed)... he was napping.  We talked for about 20 minutes.  I just sat there and hold his hand.  My hands are usually cold and he will hold them the warm them up.  He though he was being impolite by not getting up, but I said I didn't mind.  He seemed to be with it, although sleepy.  It was a good visit.

On Sunday afternoon I went to a book reading at Elliott Bay Books.  Jac Jemc is a friend of mine from school.  She was reading from her new novel My Only Wife  - I will wait to discuss it after I finish it.  I'm almost halfway through.  For me that is an accomplishment.  I've never been much of a reader because it takes me so long.  Here is the description from the book:


Ten years ago the narrator unlocked the door of a wrecked apartment, empty of any trace of his wife. As stunning as her disappearance is his response. He freezes on the facts of her, haunting his recollections. This is the story of a man unable to free himself enough from the idea of a woman to try to find her.

I hope to finish it today.

I don't have much on the radar today.  I have amassed a load of dishes that need to be washed.. I'm almost out of coffee cups.  That would be a tragedy if I ran out of them.


No comments: