Sunday, September 02, 2012

Long Weeekend...

So - we're not even half way through the long weekend and I am already exhausted...

Yesterday I pulled a double shift at Skyward... it is a really good show.  I spent the last two hours in an area with works by a local artist Cathy McClure.  She has taken old mechanized toys deconstructed them, cast the parts in silver and then reassembled them to make this menagerie of animals that are semi-futuristic and enchanting...  (some people think they are creepy)... but I would totally keep one as a pet.  There is also a wheel in the area reminiscent of a Ferris Wheel which is illuminated with a strobe light... Here is a short youtube video where you can see the wheel in action... 



I will try to take some photos today so you can see it all together... it's pretty swell.

Last night I got home around 6:30...  I was totally wiped out...  I fell asleep on the sofa before 9pm..  I was even drooling on my sleeve when I woke up a bit past 9 and put myself to sleep...

Today I am thinking I will head off to Bumbershoot a bit early and wander around - then I'm back to Skyward from 2 - 5... if you're in the area come check the show out.

Tomorrow I think I shall work on artwork...  it's about time I started doing something else...

No comments: