Friday, December 28, 2012

oye


Friday is here - yeehaw.

My cold is getting a little bit better - I managed to get to the gym yesterday afternoon and hang out on the treadmill for an hour... it was just enough to get me going, but not make my cold any worse (and don't worry - I totally cleaned off the treadmill when I was done)...

This afternoon I am meeting one of my friends from Vermont who is in town for the holidays.  It will be nice to see her - it's been almost a year.  I stayed with her when I went down to LA in February for the CAA conference.

This weekend I don't think I have any plans other than cleaning up my apartment and sleeping.  I watched an episode of Hoarders the other day -  I didn't feel as superior about myself as I usually do, I need to go through a few piles of recyclables.  That's my problem - magazines and receipts pile up.  Maybe I'll do some winter cleaning and get my holiday decorations down.

Okay - let's talk resolutions...

I'm not usually big on resolutions but here are a few things I have in mind.

Save more money!  I was able to pay off the majority of my credit cards this year and now I plan on saving more of what I make.

Limit Sweets - I managed to do it for August and October of this year, why not the whole year?  I'm not going to beat myself up if I slip, but I'm not going to go out of my way to seek out sweets.  No more buying cookies (that will surely help me save more money).

Work on doing a pull up. - yeah, that's my "I'd like to do this" goal...  I'm sure I could - I just have to hit up one of the trainers at the gym to coach me...  I'm nice enough I'm sure one of them would help me out.

Curb my love affair with the grocery store...  - I go grocery shopping far too often.  Perhaps this year I will start eating what I currently have in my teeny tiny refrigerator and cupboards.  It's possible...

I think that's good enough for the resolutions...

I'm hoping that my cold gets better before New Year's Day... I'm planning on doing the Polar Bear Plunge at Matthews Beach... why I can't get more of my friends to do it I don't know why...  maybe I'll get my Mom to go down with me and take photos..

I'm trying to decide whether or not I want to go to the gym before work or after...  I'm enjoying my coffee right now, and not really wanting to get out of my robe...  but I'm meeting my friend after work so I may not make it to the gym... oh the dilemma....

I'll probably just end up sitting here a while longer... once I give up the sweets and start teaching again AND get over this cold things will click back into gear.

What is a girl to do?

No comments: