Thursday, December 27, 2012

Post Christmas report

I have a cold.

That's all I know.

Well, actually I know a lot more.

I am not so sick as that I can't go to work.... luckily I only have to work for four hours.

Last night I got home around 4pm.  I took a bath and then changed into my pj's by 5pm. 

I was in bed by 8.

fun time...

Today I am heading into work in a little bit... then I may go to the gym to ramble on the treadmill... it depends on how I feel.

I have an activity monitor which I wear, the past 24 hours it's not seen that much movement...  it's a great motivator, but when I don't feel too hot and don't workout I feel a little bit guilty.  I know, I'm more active that 95 percent of my friends even when I am sick...

Okay - my report from Christmas - here it is.

My sisters and their families went to visit Dad on Tuesday - the visit went pretty well, although Dad was a bit sleepy, he was awake for more of the time than he was at his Birthday celebration.

My oldest sister brought a story Olive the Other Reindeer, and she read it to us..  my Dad used to read to us when we were little (he's a retired librarian) so it was nice to have it come back around.

We sang a few songs and had a good time overall... it was much better than last year.  A little less stressful.

After our visit we went to mom's for the traditional Christmas enchiladas!  okay, it's not traditional, but what the hell.

The dogs bought me some sympathy presents - a steamer for my clothes and a sweater... they are pretty good shoppers.

I came home around 6:30 and did some Christmas laundry.

Overall, the holidays didn't blow this year which is nice.

maybe I'm finally growing up.

No comments: