Tuesday, December 18, 2012

The world is coming to an end.

Um....  I don't think the world will end on Friday (is that the day?)... but you never know..

I don't have any regrets.

My new fridge arrives tomorrow - for that I am excited... what I am not excited for is having to get up extra early and/or staying up late tonight to clean out the old one.

Too bad I have to teach tomorrow morning - I would do it then...  aye aye aye... it will get done.

Perhaps I will take a collection of frozen items into work today to stock my lunch supplies...  I don't know.

Last night I got a phone call from one of my friends from the Vermont Studio Center residency - she grew up in Seattle and will be here for the Holidays...  we are going to get together when she is here.  It should be fun.  I also talked to my best friend Karolina from Chicago last night... she and another friend were trying to figure out and 80's synth pop song and they called to ask me.  They were a little bit drunk (not too much) so the conversation wasn't the deepest - but it was nice to hear her voice.

I am looking forward to next week when I don't have to work so hard...

My Dad's birthday celebration was fairly uneventful.  He slept through most of it... oh well...

I was thinking for Christmas that I would try to have dinner with him, but I am thinking now that I will just do the group visit with everyone else...  hopefully it will go alright... gone are the days of old time holiday activities.  That's okay, I've never been a big fan anyway...

Last weekend I scored some deals at a sample sale for the big brother clothing party company that I have parties for sometimes... I managed to score a pair of bright pink pants for 15 bucks...  maybe someday I will post a photo... it's not as bad as it sounds...  I was looking super-cute yesterday when I was wearing them... here's a link to how I should wear them...   I just wore them with a black top.  I think I like them because they remind me of a pair of pants I had when I was in High School... oh the 80's how I miss you sometimes.

I woke up early today so I managed to do the dishes and now I'm icing my feet.  I'm happy to report that as 2012 comes to an end I think my plantar fasciitis is finally gone and/or curbed itself into submission.  All I can say is that it's about time.... 2 and a half years is long enough.  That's what I get for running a stupid half marathon.

I think that's all I have for you today - new fridge, new pants, drunken phone calls, fancy feet.

The end (of the world as we know it)...

No comments: