Tuesday, January 22, 2013

What the heck?

I think my cold may be coming back... I woke up with a bit of a sore throat... I don't feel too stinky, but it's not great.

I think I have recovered from this weekends activities.  It has been a while since I counseled at a midwinter retreat...  I had this idea in my mind that I didn't really like counseling them... I think I was wrong...  I think I had the idea that they were a big jumble of confusion... not enough time to really get anything out of it... I was wrong.

I decided going in that I was going to participate...  In the past I skip out on Ice Breakers (getting to know you games)... this weekend I decided to participate, and you know what?  I had fun.

I have come to realize that I was just blowing stuff out of my ass....  I separate myself from the group when I don't participate... that's not good when you are counseling - I know there's times when you have to step away, but I was stepping out of things just because I didn't like them... but it turns out that I do like them...  maybe it's time to rethink things...

Yesterday I taught both of my classes.  I did laundry and watched the Inauguration... I also stopped by to see the puppies... not too thrilling of a day but it was alright.

The rest of the week looks to be pretty much the same as always.  Later in the week is a care conference for my Dad.  I'm going to try to go to it so I can be in the loop as to what is happening with him.   It will also give me a chance to see him.  Next weekend is shaping up to be a bit busy and I might not get a chance to stop by. (that is I will go if my cold does not get worse)...


This is a photo of me from this weekend...  I also found out this weekend that High School students are really impressed when old people do head stands...  It turns out it doesn't take much to please them.

No comments: