Saturday, February 16, 2013

Checking in.

I am doing alright.

Every once in a while I'll be sitting in a toilet stall and I'll start getting weepy but it soon passes.

I've been keeping very busy with friends and activities.  Today I went to the Met and the Whitney.

I saw a good show of Matisse and a GREAT show of George Bellows. (at the Met)... I had no idea that George Bellows did more than just boxing paintings...  Maybe I knew at one point but it has vanished from my memory.

The Whitney had a show called Sinister Pop which was good and a video show in conjunction with it regarding television and film in the 60's...  I am just paraphrasing the gist of the show - when I'm not so stinking tired I will put up a link to it.

Last night I composed a nice statement about my Dad and shared my work Take Good Care of Yourself to my Facebook Friends.  The response and outpouring of support has been helpful.

I think the next few weeks will be challenging, but then I will fall back into a rhythm  which is more relaxed and "normal".  The past year has been hard...  I am relieved that it's over and sad that he's gone.

He had his issues (we all do) - but he was a good man and did the best he could with what he was working with.

This is us standing beside Take Good Care of Yourself at my 4Culture Show in July 2009.
Notice the upper belly resemblance??? pretty cute I think!


I'm going to miss you old man - but at least I have the sound of your voice to remind me of all those nights you used to read to us before bed.

Thanks Dad.

No comments: